The Last Movie You Watched

• 39 Replies

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
    • The brutal of Jon E(vil)
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 09:51:30 AM »
The hitmans bodyguard. 2017
 Predictable but funny, action-comedy Netfix 'original'.
 With a two hour running time it dragged like a slow shit after the first hour. It really could have done with 30 mins trimmed out of it. Near the end i found myself fast-forwarding thur any talking.
 The stunts were pretty good and the action, although brainless, was entertaining. Salma Hayek was completely wasted in it and to a degree Gary Oldman.
 I got a torrent copy that was leaked.
 Glad to have not paid for it.
 4/10
Documenting Reality.comDo you make those videos entirely from scratch?!  If so, you, sir, are a fucking genius.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 12:43:13 PM »
The Bride. 2017.
 A Russian ghost story.
 Lionsgate have got the remake rights. Bloody Disgusting (includes trailer)
 Pretty good overall, 8/10. When i saw it was being remade i made a point to watch the original, its 95mins, but the blokes associated those fucking 'conjuring' movies will grind it out to at least two hours and it will lose alot in translation.
 Got a copy off Pirate bay and subtites elsewhere.
Documenting Reality.comDo you make those videos entirely from scratch?!  If so, you, sir, are a fucking genius.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 01:15:01 AM »
A dark song.  8/10
 A 2016 Irish independent horror film about a woman who hires an occultist to get vengeance for her dead son.
They are locked in a house together and do a series of rituals. It slowly builds the tension thru a lack of action.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 10:07:03 AM »
3 billboards...
Interesting but too somber and depressing to make what ever humor in it effective. About 3/4 thru i hit the fastforward button. 6/10.

The shape of water.
I wanted to see this but when my flatmate insisted we go to the cinema saturday night on the back of a very lack of sleep friday, i was soo tired and angry i couldn't stay awake. This badly tainted my opinion of it and i no desire to ever see it again. Seemed interesting the bits i saw.

Mother.
Really no idea about this, the characters are GOD, Adam, Eve, Mother nature and humanity.
Strange. 7/10

The Death of Stalin.
If you have seen VEEP and the other political series and movie this bloke has done, it's worth the watch.
I really enjoyed it. Heavy on the dialouge and the politics but highly entertaining.
10 out fucking 10.

I, Tonya.

Tried to watch it but gave up, a pathetic doco-drama based on a eye rolling incident. Margo Robbie swears.
2/10

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 01:01:06 PM »
Thirst. 2009
Park Chan Wook (director of Oldboy.)
Interesting take on vampires, typical of Park, kinda slow but interesting, i only got an hour thru it before i started to nod off, but i will go back to see how it finished.
Basic plot, a respected priest, volunteers for an experimental procedure that may lead to a cure for a deadly virus. He gets infected and dies, but a blood transfusion of unknown origin brings him back to life as a vampire
6/10

You were never really here.

Directed by Lynn Ramsey, stars Joaquin Phoenix.
Strange, quiet and brooding. A movie that doesn't have gimmicks, CGI or a obvious plot. At the end of this movie i was confused but satisfied that i'd watched a film that was not straight forward but was filmed in a very artisic way.
8/10

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 01:57:28 PM »
Flukt. (Escape) 2012. Norway.
 Simple plot of young lady kidnapped by robbers, escapes. Chase on foot begins.
 The bloke who directed did Tomb Raider, i can see why they imported him to make that movie.
 This one has no CGI and keep me interested.
 8/10

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 02:13:41 AM »
Rigor Mortis 2013
 A Hong Kong produced horror film, has all the standard 'aisan horror' fare you would expect but without any real creepy scares.
 It not straight forward like a westie horror and although there is alot of CGI, it helps the story evolves in conjunction with the different characters.
 9/10

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 02:11:38 PM »
El Infierno. (Hell) 2010
A Mexican film about the drug trade and the layers of corruption and wars the rival cartels have.
Two and half hours long, but for the complexities to be actually played it, worth it. Starts off kinda funny with lighter moments but the violence pops up more and more.
9/10.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 02:07:28 PM »
Epitaph 2007.
 South Korea.
 A ghost story set in a hospital. Told via flashback with flashbacks inside that. It's an intense watch simply because you have to really pay attention to what is going on. It doesn't have jump scares or much gore, just alot of things that appear to be not related, that relate to each other and eventually come together. But you have to pay attention.
 7/10

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 01:51:14 PM »
Free Fire. 7/10
 A gun deal goes bad. Simple as that, entertaining shoot out ensues.
 Would i watch it again, probably not, but it is good for a first watch.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2018, 01:40:53 AM »
Gonjiam: Haunted asylum. South Korea 2018.Found footage style movie of a web site horror series that goes into a abandoned asylum.Good use of multiple cameras, simple story and effects but ramps up the creep factor like most asian movies.8/10

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2018, 01:57:24 PM »
Angst. Austria. 1983. 8/10
 Read about this on Bloody Disgusting, they pick an extreme horror each week for a section called 'Butchers block'.
 The film was based on bloke called Werner Kniesek, i read a bit about him after i'd watched the film, on the whole, pretty acurate.
 A bloke is released from prison, does a home invasion that day and gets caught. The film has a monologue going over the whole thing with some quite long and interesting camera angles. It was banned at the time and never really got any traction after that.
 By todays horror the violence is meek, but paired up with the monologue, it's intense.
 Got a copy off torrent.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2018, 02:00:02 PM »
Incident in ghostland. 2018. 4.5/10
 When i read that Pascal Laugier (Martyrs) had made this film i was pretty excited, i watched the trailer, expectations were dulled a bit, read a couple of reviews, one praised it up the other trashed it.
 I was impressed with the story, it had the twists i would expect from a movie written by him, but...i just couldn't really like it. It was bleak and twisted, (awesome) but it just seemed, unlike his debut, the violence strayed into the terrority that is more in keeping with most American films. Torture. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't make the film worthy of a second watch.
 The film is a French/Canadian production.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2018, 02:32:10 PM »
Don't breath. 2016. 6/10 Three burglers break into a blind mans house.
 Spoiler alert.
 When i read the reviews of this movie and saw the trailer, one thing was mentioned, 'there's a twist.' Instantly i thought, the blind guy will have a woman hostage. Sure enough. I was right. 45 mins in, and i reached for the remote. The tension was great at the start, the errie silence was awesome. But there seemed to be a whole bunch of things that were 'highlighted'. The dog while the were looking at the house, cue the dog at the end. The hammer when they first entered, the young guy and the hammer at the end. The gun under the bed, cue getting the gun when he runs out of bullets in the burglers one. Ugh-FUCK!!
 It was a good movie, but it just ran out steam. I was going to watch A quiet place, but im already of the opinion that it borrows alot from this film.

Kinda shit having to read subtitles in order to watch, what i believe, is a decent film, but corprate studios seem to be getting more overseas filmakers to try and dress up the garbage there serving to the masses to get there money.
 Fede Alvarez. Evil dead. Uruguay.
 Roar Uthaug. Tomb raider. Norway
 Taika Waititi. Thor 3. (What we do in the shadows series) New Zealand.
 J. A. Bayona. Jurrasic Kingdom. Spain.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:35:07 PM by Jon Evil »

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2018, 02:36:24 PM »
The Vengeance Trilogy. Dir. Park Chan Wook. South Korea.
 Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002) 6/10
 Oldboy (2003) 10/10
 Lady Vengeance (2005) 8/10
 The first was a little slow for the first half then the story started to fall into place and the 'revenge' aspect kicked in split equally between two of the characters.

Oldboy iv seen twice already, it didn't really need much thought, you follow the main bloke while he figures out why he was imprisoned.
 Absolute garbage remake. 0 out of fucken 10 for that one.

The third one had alot of flashbacks at the start and kinda slowed down near the end. But was similar to the first in that you really had to watch what was presented.