Scoops kitchen delights

• 14 Replies

Offline scooped away

• watching you from within
« on: December 10, 2012, 10:19:10 PM »
Enjoy

Sweet and sour (pork,chicken or shrimp)
I use boneless chocken breasts
And we triple the batter and quadruple the sauce for 4 people because this recipe as written does not make much at att.
Batter
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1teaspoon white granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons water
1egg beaten

For 4 people i use 4-5 boneless chicken breasts cut in small cubes depending on size. If you can get frozen boneless skinless in the bag they work perfect. If using shrimp or pork 1/2 pound for this recipe before tripling or more.

Sauce

3 tablespoons brown sugar packed(not natural sugar the kind you use in chocolate chip cookies lol)

2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon granulated chicken flqvored intstand bouillon (oxo is fine to use)
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 20 ounce pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice drained but keep 3 tablespoons juice to the side
1 garlic clove minced
1 green bell pepper cit into 1/2 inchs pieces.

This is how i do it makes it alot easier mix just the liquids for your sauce together set aside put dry sauce ingredients together in bowl set aside .

Cut meats heat grease to fry them in . Mix batter i.greadients together . Drop meat in usi.g a spoon scoop  the meat out drop and fry till done drain. After all meat if fried mix all sauce ingredients includi.g pineapple juice you put to the side in a decent size pot cook on medium high heat till bubbly and thickened stiring constantly. Saute bell pepper and garlic till tender crisp. Add bellpeppers meat and pineapple to sauce and turnoff. Stir good. Yumm 

If you can get jasmine rice i suggest eating it over that. If not white rice is ok but try jasmine its got a lovely flavor.

Offline scooped away

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 10:20:52 PM »
Sweet potato casserole to die for

3 (40 ounce) cans cut sweet potatoes in syrup drained -KEEP ABOUT 1/8  cut of syrup from 1 can

1 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar (not natural sugar for yall in the uk)
1 1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup butter melted
1 (16ounce) bag mini marshmallows

Preheat oven 350 degrees
Beat sweet potatoes , reserve syrup , and next ingredients at medium speed with electric mixer till smooth
Spoon potaot mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 inch  baking dish
Combine 1 1/4 cups brown sugar and next 3 ingredients with fork
Sprinkle evenly over top of potato mixture
Bake uncovered @ 350░ for 30-35 minutes
Take out of oven sprinkle marshmellows on top evenly bale for an additional 10 minutes or till golden brown on top.

Offline scooped away

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 10:22:01 PM »
Mac and cheese

4 cups dry elbow macaroni
1 whole egg beaten
1/4 cup (1/2stick or 4 tablespoons) butter
1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 cups whole milk
2 teaspoons (heaping) dry mustard
1 pound sharp cheddar cheese (extra sharp is good to) grated
1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
1/2 teasppon seasoned salt (more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (more to taste)
Optipnal spices : cayanne pepper , paprika or thyme

Preheat oven 350░
Cook macaroni until  ery firm. Should be to firm to eat right out the pot.
Drain
In small bowl beat egg
In large pot , melt butter and sprinlle flour. Whisk together oner medium low heat for about 5 minutes whisking constantly. Dont let it burn . It should turn a blondish color.

Pour in milk, add mustard, and whisk until smooth. Cook for 5 minutes until very thick. Reduce to low heat.
Take 1/4 cup of the sauce and slowly pour into beaten egg, whisking constantly to avoid cooking eggs. Whisk till smooth.
Pour egg mixture into sauce, whisking constantly. Stir till smooth.
Add cheese and stir to melt.
Add salt and pepper. Taste add more if needed. Do not undersalt.

Pour drained macaroni and stir .pour into baking dish top with extra cheese and bake 20-25 minutes or till bubbly and golden on top.

Offline scooped away

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 10:25:03 PM »
Guacamole:
2 or 3 Haas Avocados (dark green, with bumps...ripe ones, very soft if you squeeze it some)
White onion, finely diced (a palm-full (1/8--1/4 cup?)
Plum tomatoes, finely diced (same, palm-full as above.  I scrape off the seeds and the juice, but save that for the Pico de Gallo!)
1/2 of a fresh Jalapeno, finely, finely diced (optional.  can scrape out seeds/membrane for less heat too.)
Garlic-salt, Cumin, Fresh Chopped Cilantro (1 Tbsp.), Juice of 1/2 Lime.
I chop all the stuff first and mix it in a bowl.  Then I cut the avocados in half, SAVE THE PITS!  I cut a grid into the avocados halves, then scoop them with a spoon, into the mixed stuff.  I use a fork to mash it, leaving some good chunks (no one wants pureed guac!).  Just stir it well to get the flavors mixed well.  PUT THE PITS BACK IN IT...it keeps it from getting brown too soon!   Store it in a container that it fills all the way up--less room for air means less browning=longer green color.  Chill and enjoy, if you can wait that long!

Pico de Gallo (means Beak of the Rooster!  Used as a condiment on everything):
2 or 3 Plum tomatoes, seeds/juice and all, diced.  Use the parts saved from the Guac tomatoes above.
White onion, diced.  Use EQUAL amounts of onion and tomatoes...
Fresh Jalapeno, finely diced (same notes as above... except Pico isn't quite Pico without it.  That's the point of it!)
Garlic-salt, Cumin, Fresh Chopped Cilantro (1 or 2 Tbsp.), Juice of  1/2 Lime.
Mix all ingredients into a container that you won't use for anything else (the Pico is so strong of a flavor that the container will take on the flavor unless you use glass!)
You want the juiciness of the tomatoes and onions here, unlike in the guacamole (runny guac is no good).
Chill.  Can make it earlier in the day so the flavors mix well.  We use it on steaks, omelets, carnitas, everything...just like people use salsa or whatever.  Just a relish or

Offline scooped away

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 10:34:22 PM »
Coke cake

2 cups unsifted all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 sticks butter
3 Tbs. cocoa
1 cup Coca Cola
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups miniature marshmallows

Icing
1 stick butter, melted
3 Tbs. cocoa
7 Tbs. Coca Cola
1 box confectioner's sugar
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl.  In a saucepan, heat butter, cocoa, and the Coca Cola until it boils.  Pour hot mixture over the flour and sugar.  Mix well.  Add the buttermilk, eggs, soda, vanilla and marshmallows and mix well.   The marshmallows will rise to the top and the batter will seem thin, but that's ok.   Pour into a 9"x13" baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick baking spray.   Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or just until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.

As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, make the icing.  Place the butter in a saucepan on medium heat with the cocoa powder and Coca Cola.  Heat until the butter is melted and it is all well blended.  Pour over the box of confectioner's sugar and mix until it's smooth. If you are adding nuts, stir them in.  Spread the icing over the cake while it is still warm. 

Offline scooped away

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 10:35:54 PM »
gotta type more into my phone post more later

Offline DeathsDoor

• ▄ber Admin
  • Knock Knock
    • Death And Reality
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 10:38:55 PM »
gotta type more into my phone post more later

I tried to commit suicide one time...

I won't be trying that again I nearly fucking died.

Offline scooped away

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 04:35:03 AM »
Blackened catfish with Crawfish Etoufee
(Shrimp can be sub. For crawfish)

Catfish 2 7-9ounce filets
8 tablespoons butter melted
Blackened seasoning to taste

Etouffee

1 large onion chopped
1 medium bellpepper chopped
1 stalk celery chopped
1/2 pound butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 to 1 1/2 cups water
1 pound crawfish or shrimp tails peeled
1/2 cup green onions

Catfish

Dredge each filet in 4 ounces of melted butter. Coat with blackened seasoning to taste
 Place in hot heavy iron skillet that has been sprayed with vegetable oil. Brown each side for about 7 minures. Serve with etouffee on top.

Etouffee

In a mefium sized pan saute the onion bell pepper and celery in the butter until tender or clear. Add the flour and stir until the roux is blonde color add tomato paste mix well. Afd salt and pepper 1 cup of water tails. Simmer about 10 minures. Adjust consistency with the remaining 1/2 cup of water if necessary

Offline scooped away

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 04:35:47 AM »
Ulitimate potato soup

1pound bacon chopped
2 stalks celery
1 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
8 potatoes  peeled and cubed
4 cups chicken stock or enough to cover potatoes
3tablespoons butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste

In a dutch oven cook bacon over medium heat. Remove from pan set aside. Drain off all but 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.

In the bacon grease remaining jn the pan saute celery and onion till onion begins to turn clear. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Add cubed potatoes and toss to coat. Return baco. To pan and add enough chicken stock to just cover potatoes. Cover and simmer till potatoes are tender.

In a seperate pan melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour cook stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in heavy cream tarragon and cilantro. Bring to boil and cook stir constantly until thickened. Stir cream mixture into potato mixture. Puree about half the soup and return to the pan. Adjust seasonings to taste

Offline scooped away

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 04:36:34 AM »
Chicken pot pie

5 deepdish pie shells (2 in each pack)
Large can veg all
Small can veg all
3 family sized cans crean of chicken soup
About 10 frozen chicken breasts
1/2 block velveeta cheese
Season to taste

Boil chicken. Cut into bitesized pieces set aside.
In large pot add everything but cheese. Heat fully and add cheese heat till cheese is melted. Add mixture to pie shells add top to pie. Press edges of pie shell with fork to seal. Cut 4 slits into middle of pie. Place on cookie sheet bake 375░ till golden brown.

Extra pies freeze great uncooked

Offline scooped away

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 04:37:48 AM »
EASY CHOCOLATE FUDGE
Ingredients

2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTL╔« TOLL HOUSE« Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 can (14 oz.) NESTL╔« CARNATION« Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions

LINE 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with foil.

COMBINE morsels and sweetened condensed milk in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over lowest possible heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in nuts and vanilla extract.

SPREAD evenly into prepared baking pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.

Offline scooped away

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »
Banana Split Cake 2 cups graham cracker crumbs 1&1/2 cups margarine 2 cups powered sugar 5 banana' sliced 1 16oz can crushed and drained pineapple 1 lrg container of cool whip 1 4oz jar of cherries, chopped 1 cut of walnuts chopped Mix cracker crumbs and 1/3 cup of melted margarine... Put in a 13x9 glass baking dish... Cream 1 cup of margarine and slowly add sugar... Spread this mixture over cracker crust... Then layer with banana's... Sprinle pineapple over banana's... Then spread cool whip over pineapple... Garnish with walnut' and cherries... Put in refridgerator overnight to chill...

Offline DeathsDoor

• ▄ber Admin
  • Knock Knock
    • Death And Reality
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »
That sounds nice! :demented:

Offline DeathsDoor

• ▄ber Admin
  • Knock Knock
    • Death And Reality
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 10:37:27 PM »
Im crap at making cakes.. SEND ME ONE SCOOPED!!!

Offline DeathsDoor

• ▄ber Admin
  • Knock Knock
    • Death And Reality
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 07:13:41 PM »
Bum.