Every Picture Has A Story

• 13 Replies

Offline DW

• Head Cheese
  • Master Baiter and
  • I Don't Get Any
« on: November 20, 2012, 05:37:21 PM »
So I'll tell you a story about this one.
Back in 1992, I held this photograph in my hands, looking at it wondering, why would Pete do that.
Pete was a pretty decent guy as far as I knew, his daughter had crashed his Fiero, I had put it back together.
Pete needed the engine in his van repaired, I built him a new one.
One day, Pete asked me if he could borrow my Winchester Model 12 shot gun, without a second thought I said sure, and went and got it for him.
3 days later, Pete's wife calls me and tells me that he is dead, that he took his own life.
Now, at this point, I'm going to say that I will not toss out any other names of his family, as I still keep in contact with them from time to time, we've remained friends over the years and I have no intention of exposing their names to the public.
They have endured enough as is.
I will say that Pete had a wife and he had adopted her 2 children.
A son and a daughter from her previous marraige.
And also, he was active duty military with flight status at the time when all this happened.
So...onwards and upwards,
As good as friends as Pete and I were, I never knew what sort of things went on in his house, wasn't really none of my business, and he rarely spoke of his family issues.
But none the less, a day came when Pete told me that he was moving into the barracks on base because there were some problems between him and his wife.
A few months after is when he asked to borrow my shotgun and I lent it to him.
I had always wondered why he had done this, what drove him to this, I found out at a New Years Eve party that his daughter was hosting.
She was pretty lit up when she handed me this picture, I looked at it, I had never seen the room and Pete was cremated after a closed casket memorial service, so I didn't know at the time the devestation the old Winchester had done.
She asked me if I knew why Pete had done that, I told her no, that I didn't have the earthliest idea as to why.
She explained to me that after she had her 2nd abortion from his baby, she didn't and couldn't take it any more. She explained that when she had her first abortion, she was only 15 years old.
After her 2nd abortion, she broke down and told her mother, Pete's wife, that he had been having sex with her since she was 14.
Of course we can all imagine how well his wife took the news coming from her daughter and the end result was of him moving into the barracks on base and being investigated by the military police over the allegations.
None of which I knew about.
Until I held this picture in my hands.
I don't know who scanned it and uploaded it to the internet, let alone when, but this I do know.....
I've seen that picture in the hands of only one other person.
Moving forward just a bit now,
I was a member at another goresite, ABPG, a now defunct site still floating around out there on the net.
First saw it on the net 02July2001 and I've been told, it had made it's rounds before then.
But none the less, I held this photo in my hands 31December1992.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:50:46 PM by DW »
I tried being anorexic once,

I could binge like a motherfucker, but I just could'nt do the purge part.

Offline DeathsDoor

• Über Admin
  • Knock Knock
    • Death And Reality
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »
Be hard pushed to get a better sub than that. Nice one Dw!
I tried to commit suicide one time...

I won't be trying that again I nearly fucking died.

Offline DeathsDoor

• Über Admin
  • Knock Knock
    • Death And Reality
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 06:27:48 PM »
Was you that killed him right? ssshhhhh pm me.

Offline MORBID1965

• How do ya like me now?
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 09:47:36 PM »
Yes, good one DW!  More! More!

Offline Harley

• So Fucking Banned, It's Not Even Funny
  • Cocksucker Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 10:52:01 PM »

25 years ago my cousin Edward tried committing suicide. He placed the barrel of a shot gun and tried to pull the trigger. Since he couldn't reach without stretching he tilted his head back as far as he could. The gun went off and blew off his face. He survived. He's still alive. After hundreds of surgeries he is still horribly disfigured and totally blind. I haven't seen or talked to him in a number of years. Still don't know why he did it. All I know is he had an argument with his mother and told her you will be sorry when I'm gone. He went to his room and pulled the trigger.
I'm off sucking Pizza Boys ass, I would suck his cock but I can't Get Eat Shit And Die off of it.

Offline DeathsDoor

• Über Admin
  • Knock Knock
    • Death And Reality
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 11:06:33 PM »
Well i take back what i said now. That's an equally good story. nice one Harley

Offline DW

• Head Cheese
  • Master Baiter and
  • I Don't Get Any
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »
Yes, good one DW!  More! More!

Pete wasn't the only person I knew that died, just the only one that I had seen a picture of.
I worked the flight deck at times aboard cruises, the old rule of thumb was that at least 10 people would die during a WestPac.
I tried being anorexic once,

I could binge like a motherfucker, but I just could'nt do the purge part.

Offline PS

• PermaBanned
  • PermaBanned
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 01:53:31 AM »
That poor girl.

Offline MORBID1965

• How do ya like me now?
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 06:32:54 AM »
Also a good story Harley, but sad for him.  He'll never be the same again.  That's the hard part about suicide...it doesn't always work out the way you intended.  Poor guy!  I could never do that to myself.  I can't think of any situation that would make me shoot myself.

Offline Harley

• So Fucking Banned, It's Not Even Funny
  • Cocksucker Extraordinaire
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
I love life to much to fuck it up like that.
I'm off sucking Pizza Boys ass, I would suck his cock but I can't Get Eat Shit And Die off of it.

Offline Eat Sack

• Banned
    • GHEY
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 02:15:35 PM »
That was a great read DW +1

I'm A Freaking Cry Baby When I don't Get My Way

Offline DeathHand

• Let It All Bleed Out
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »
Aye, a good read on both cases.

I've known 4 people that went out the back door:
  • One hung himself in his parents basement after his girlfriend ditched his him. I was working at the time for his father designing tombstones. We heard at school the this guy had hung himself and then his father called asking that I not come into work.
  • Another OD'd on over-the-counter meds. She concocted enough to kill, but also added a number of anti-nausea pills so that she would not puke it all out and also be able to fall asleep quickly.
  • The third shot himself in the head. While he did put a bullet in his, it didn't kill him right off A priest found the body on his front steps, about 3 blocks from where the gun was found, the next morning.
  • Number four happened when I was in an the MC. He was a bro, and one of our best members, and had just recently been promoted to Vice Prez of the chapter. A few days later his mom found his in the garage, a .38 slug in his head.
The first 3 were all under 19 while the 4th was 28. It's hard when someone you know just snaps and the next day you find out there are dead by suicide.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:37:43 PM by DeathHand »

Offline RavenMadd

• nothing leads to nothing
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 01:58:40 AM »
I've lost 8 friends to suicide in late 70's /early 80's ...only one told me they wanted to do it and the reason ...........sad stuff all around
lowtech shit and a raven hey! ....Courtney Love (That  Bitch)

Offline scooped away

• watching you from within
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 03:01:04 AM »
Had a good friend in high school in 86 shoot herself in the head. Blame her parents to this day.