The Last Movie You Watched

• 34 Replies

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
    • The brutal of Jon E(vil)
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »
Mourning grave. South Korea. 9/10
 A young bloke whose sees ghosts has to confront a grudge.
 It has a really good and effective drama plot with elements of horror. The 'ghosts' are what you expect in a asian horror and there was a scene that reminded me The Wailing, another S.K. stunner. Everything came together nicely at the end. Can't fault it.
Villmark 2. (Wilderness 2) 2015. Norway. 7.5
 Five contract workers take on a job of tracking hazardous waste in an old sanatorium before demolishing.
 I haven't watched the first one which a group of people go to remote cabin. This time is a clean up crew in a abandonded hospital.
 The plot was...just really not there, but, ironicly, it established a creepy atmosphere early on and just slowly cranked it up. It used cameras set up to detect motion and noises/sounds repeatedly to create a real sense of dread.
Documenting Reality.comDo you make those videos entirely from scratch?!  If so, you, sir, are a fucking genius.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2018, 01:42:58 PM »
 Wer. 2013 3/10
 A huge bloke is charged with murder.
 Interesting plot that failed get going, similar final act to the Nicholson, Spader film Wolf (1994). Hit the fast-forward button at the 37min mark and didn't stop till the end.
 The film can mostly be seen in the trailer, in fact, after just watching it again, this is a classic example of a 'preview' showing the whole fim.
 (Spoiler) Bloke shaving his head has final fight with werewolf, is bloke with glasses on, gets bit at start.
Ready player one. 2018. Garbage.
 Virtual reality with a load 'green screen'.
 The 'flatmate' decided we needed to "watch a movie together." I'd downloaded this for someone else. I lasted 40 mins and got bored, by 55 i was real angry about wasting my time, so i left the room. I flicked to Kubrick tribute on my laptop, lasted 2 seconds, couldn't be bothered. She came to see if i wanted to watch The Shinning part. She got a flat no.
Documenting Reality.comDo you make those videos entirely from scratch?!  If so, you, sir, are a fucking genius.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2018, 04:42:52 AM »
Wristcutters. A love story. 2006. 8/10
 Written and directed by Goran Dukić.
 A black romantic comedy about suicide. Nice story with some funny moments, everything you'd expect in a rom-com.
 Probably wouldn't watch it again, but for a change of pace it was worth it.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2018, 02:52:09 PM »
└ l'intÚrieur (Inside) [/b]2007. 10/10
 French home invasion.
 Watched this a few years ago and it was always in the back of my mind to see it again.
 It didn't disappoint, at all. A simple film, but loaded with suspense and violence.

The Church. 1989. Italy. 7/10
 Co produced/written by Dario Argento. Directed by a long time assistant of Argento.
 It as a 'B-grade' feel about it, but a solid story. The effects are well done, and the film in general looks like a decent amount of thought have been put in to how scenes are actually filmed.
I saw the devil. 9/10 South Korea.
 Cat and mouse with humans.
 I'v seen two of the directors previous films, The good, the bad, the weird. A tale of two sisters. The second is better but this was alot simpler plot wise and alot more brutal.
 Having seen a few of these 'revenge' movies now, it's interesting how little they tread on each other.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #34 on: Today at 01:53:27 PM »
We are what we are. (Somos lo que hay) 2010. Mexico. 7/10
 A family of cannibals slowly go mad.
 The film is only 80 mins long and depicts a poor family sliding down at a slow pace due the loss of the father at the start. It is bleak and depressing to a degree, but each of the four main characters it set up differently. I saw it some years ago and enjoyed it, and i would rate it the same again.
 There was a american remake, i took a look at that trailer.
 Compared to the original.
 Garbage.
The doll master. South Korea. 2004.
 6.5/10
 A group of people are invited to a house and killed one by one.
 The storyline is easy to follow with a drama/horror mix that does get more layered. The 'twists/reveals' are mainly in the second half but tie together nicely, probably not worth a 2nd watch.
The Flu. 2013. South Korea. Didn't finish it.
 Infection rips thru a city, no zombies.
 It had the makings of a intense drama/disaster but after the first hour, and with a full second hour to go, it slowed right down and a heavy bureaucrat feel took over. I flicked thru some of the rest but it was dragging too much for me care. Long scenes of politicians and soliders arguing.