The Last Movie You Watched

• 100 Replies

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
    • The brutal of Jon E(vil)
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2019, 12:45:35 PM »
The forest of lost souls.  Portugal. 2017.
6/10.
Interesting low budget film dealing with the subject of suicide.
Filmed in black and white the story is simple and interesting with each scene taking time so it doesn't feel jerky.
The story itself i found to be kinda simple but engaging, no dramatic twists but a slow steady pace.
Documenting Reality.comDo you make those videos entirely from scratch?!  If so, you, sir, are a fucking genius.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2019, 02:13:44 PM »
Metalhead. Iceland. 2013.
4/10
After 36 mins i got bored and started flicking thru the rest of the film.
It's a drama about a young girl 'coming-of-age' and going thru a metal phase.
Interesting enough with a slightly funny ending.
Documenting Reality.comDo you make those videos entirely from scratch?!  If so, you, sir, are a fucking genius.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2019, 12:56:23 PM »
The head hunter. 2018
3/10.
A one act play with some nice scenery. The whole film has only a few lines of dialouge said by the 'father' character to a grave.
It could be described as Hagazussa stripped down. But that's when it kinda fell apart. The story is there, despite the sparse dialouge, but it didn't engage me enough to stop me hitting the F.F. button 40mins in to 70 mins run time.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2019, 02:03:08 PM »
The quiet family. South Korea. 1998.
10/10.
A really funny black comedy about a family that buys a lodge at the foot of a mountain and has to deal with people dying.
It was directed by Kim Jee-Woon who went on to direct A tale of two sisters and I saw the devil. Both good movies, 'I saw' being a stunner. The story starts with the first guy killing himself and them getting rid of the body. From there they keep piling up. But it's not a case of them covering up. There was a couple of loose ends but it really didnt matter, it was the way things evolved that kept me laughing.
No subs on the trailer. The entire movie can be seen on You Tube.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2019, 02:24:53 PM »
A bittersweet life. South Korea. 2005.
8/10
By the director of The quiet family, a violent revenge film.
The film was written and directed by Kim Jee-Woon. It had some layers to it but the plot didn't quite go in the direction i thought it would.
It was really more focused on the inter-play of the gangsters and a one-way-trip of no holds violence for the main character.
The fights scenes were pretty good, not Oldboy good, but getting there.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2019, 01:59:06 PM »
The Maltese Falcon. 1941.
10/10
A crime drama that follows 'Sam Spade', P.I. as he unravels who killed his partner, another man and the location of a statue.
The film is dialouge heavy and follows the lead (Bogart) as he meets different people and gets information.
It's considered a classic and although i found it a bit boring by the halfway point, there was enough information slowly released that keep it interesting.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2019, 01:19:43 PM »
Orgies of edo. Japan. 1969.
7/10
A series of three different stories, no connection.
The first is a woman tricked into becoming a whore. 2nd is a guy who loves a woman who gets aroused by disfigured men. 3rd is a Lord who is a sadist and has a version of payback at the end.
Each one seemed to get a bit more 'intense', the effects were good, given that it was filmed in 1969. But the stories themselves were well written they had twists that couldn't be predicted and weren't over the top.
Not something i'd probably watch again, but enjoyable.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2019, 01:49:28 PM »
Avengers endgame.
4/10
I saw Iron Man on DVD,  Cap A. in cinema., G.O.T.G. i liked once. My viewing of 'Marvel' related film really ends there, i have flicked every one of them, but the 'links' (if any) are lost on me.
I downloaded a cam rip with Korean subtitles, i just FF most of the film in silence.
The plot was weird/simple and long winded, scenes dragged out for several minutes, maybe it makes sense if the characters are to be believed, but not for me when FF'd thru.
Effects were good but wouldn't warrent a ticket.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2019, 05:30:25 AM »
Eyes without a face. 1960. France
9/10
A black and white horror/drama. The daughter of a plastic surgeon is disfigured in a car crash and is locked away inside a house while her father brings new victims to try and transplant her face.
It's a slow film with very little 'horror' but more that enough things happen that are unsettling. This is mainly due to the camera angles and the script.

Strange circus. Japan. 2005.
6/10.
A principal of a school rapes his wife and daughter.
Fucken strange film, it was interesting to see how they handled the 'child sex' scenes and how it played out through the rest of the film. The running time was 1:45 mins, the plot got rather surreal in terms of what was 'reality' and what wasn't. At the 30min mark i had started to lose some interest, but continued untill the 1 hour mark, at that point i started hitting the FF button.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2019, 02:36:49 PM »
I am a hero. 2016. Japan.
8/10
This zombie comedy starts quietly and within the first 30 mins it cranks up the humour and gore. The effects have to be mentioned.
They are fucken great throughout.
With a 2 hour run time, it's a bit of a stretch. It slows when they meet fellow 'survivors' and the dynamics of the group are limited to just a few people. But it does a good job of making the characters believeable. The laughs were a bit more spaced out but the film as a whole was still interesting. The effects were stand out.
One cut of the dead is still a funnier zom-com.
Creepy. 2016. Japan.
10 outa fucken 10!!
I was looking at the movie 'Pulse' from 2001 (the original, not the remake.) and saw the director had done this film only a few years ago.
The run time is just over two hours, and i was very happy with what i got. The first hour slowly sets up the case and the main players. Hints are dropped and its in the second hour that things get 'creepy' really fucken creepy.
It doesn't wind up to a fast pace like a 'western' style crime thriller would but stays with a slow dread, that just increases.
Fans of asian horror/thriller shouldn't pass this up.
A masterclass. The subtitles i got with the download were not good. Getting another copy is advised.

Shoplifters.   2018.   Japan.
7/10.
A slow burn drama about a family that scrapes by on what money they can get and shoplifting.
It starts as a struggling family but gradually cracks start to appear. It's near the end that twists happen, although they are significant, it doesn't alter the quiet tone and steady progress of the film. A pleasure to watch.

Offline Jon Evil

• True gore artist.
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2019, 08:38:19 AM »
The Godfather.
10/10.
A classic film. I only got thru the first 90mins but it was enough. The first one is enough for me. A dark crime layered family experience.